Make a Meal/Casserole Cook Program
Every weekend we serve hundreds of dinners to local individuals and families and we are always in need of prepared frozen casseroles. We use approximately 20 casseroles for a complete dinner, but would appreciate as many as you can make for us. We have recipes and other information.
If you’d like to make this a more long-term commitment, consider joining our Casserole Cook Program. Prepare two casseroles 4-5 times/year in your own home. Face to Face provides recipe, food prep information, schedule etc. A wonderful way to help Face to Face with young children or if our schedule isn’t conducive to your schedule! Contact the Volunteer Coordinator if you’d like to join this program.
Host a “Fill a Bag for Face to Face” Campaign
Distribute bags in your school/church/corporate community with instructions to fill the bag with items we need from the list below. Let the community know when you’re picking up the bags (one or two weeks later), and deliver to Face to Face. Here are items that we always need:
- Septa Tokens are very much appreciated by our clients who cannot afford the transportation necessary to get to appointments, job interviews, work, or Face to Face to use our services. You can purchase them at several stations or at www.septa.org.
- Plastic Grocery Bags are used by both our diners, who sometimes save a portion of their meal for another day, and our health clinic clients to take home personal products.
- Acme, Pathmark, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens & Target gift cards are given to the neediest in our community.
- Personal Care Products: During the week about 50 one-to-one visits with our nurse and social services staff. Each weekend, clients are offered these products to take home: individual-wrapped bars of bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, tooth paste and toothbrushes, skin lotion, and disposable razors. Although we are grateful for any size, smaller, travel-sized products best suit our needs.
- Washeteria Supplies for when our guests need shower and laundry services: laundry detergent, towels, wash cloths.
- Basic Garments: underwear & socks (male, female and child), sweat suits for men and women
- Dining Room Basics: coffee, sugar packets
Assemble Shower Kits for our Washeteria
An important part of our mission is to meet the basic needs of those we serve and we believe that there is no need more basic than having the opportunity to take a shower and put on clean clothes. When clients visit our Washeteria, they are given a zip-lock baggie containing a washcloth, trial-sized shampoo, soap, deodorant, shaving cream, lotion and a disposable razor. We are in constant need of these prepared shower kits as we give out a dozen or more every week. Those who use our Washeteria are also offered clean clothes and we are always looking for new men’s and women’s underwear and socks, as well as, new or slightly used sweatshirts, sweatpants and t-shirts for both men and women in small, medium, large and x-large sizes. We ask that all sweatpants have an elastic waistband.
Host a Coin Drive or Dress Down Day
Ask all of the students and teachers in your school to bring in a coin each day for as many days as you’d’ like: “Face to Face Coin Drive: Count It and Make It Count!” Campaign! You collect the coins and count to see how much you’ve collected. Or you can pay $1.00 to wear a certain color or dress in a specific theme (Eagles, Phillies, school colors) on a predetermined day in support of Face to Face. Either program would be perfect to add to your academic calendars!
Non-Perishable Snack Bags – for our clients or our after-school program
Fill a brown a lunch bag with a PB&J sandwich, water bottle, fruit cup/fresh fruit, granola bar, etc. for our guests to take with them after they have eaten. Our After-School program, fill a bag with 100% juice boxes, granola bars, apple sauce/fruit cup etc. for our children to have for snack.
Help in our garden during the spring, summer and/or fall. We can use help planting, weeding, picking. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
We thank you for your interest in Face to Face!
We look forward to hearing from you soon.